Sunday 7th October 2012
National Trails Day will take place on Sunday 7th October 2012. I would appreciate if you could plan for this now by incorporating this date into your programme of events ensuring it is included into relevant print pieces. I will be in contact in the next 3 weeks with further details.
Thanks to all of you who organised events in 2011. Some highlights included:
· 57 events were held
· Over 2000 people participated in events
· Significant media coverage: £100,000 equivalent advertising value
Once again we hope that in all areas of Northern Ireland we can have a fantastic range of interesting and exciting things on a trail, be it on land or water. National Trails Day primary objective is to raise awareness of outdoor trails and it gives everyone a chance to enjoy some of our most beautiful countryside, forests, mountains and lakes. The concept will be very similar to last year with greater focus on participation. Just as a reminder:
· All events must be free-of-charge.
· The events must be trail-based as the emphasis is on the use of trails across the country
· All events must be on ‘off-road’ trails
· Events must be held on 7 October 2012
Please contact me if you need any further information now.
Outdoor Recreation NI
The Stableyard, Malone Road