The Ulster Federation of Rambling Clubs provides a forum for its 34 clubs – around 2000 individual members – promoting their interests, encouraging recreational walking, an appreciation and respect for the countryside, working to obtain improved access to the beautiful areas which abound in the region, building and strengthening links to like-minded organisations locally, nationally and internationally.
UFRC is building its database of e-mail addresses of individual club members , this allows our Officers to send information directly . Many walking clubs do not have regular internal meetings so dissemination of information from club secretaries is sometimes slow. If you wish to be contacted in this way send the name, club and e-mail address directly to our Administration Assistant at Administration@ufrc-online.co.uk
- Affiliated to the Ramblers Association – www.ramblers.org.uk
- Member of the N.I.Council for Voluntary Action – www.nicva.org
- Reg Charity No.XT 16579
2012 club affiliation fee – £3 per club member for clubs based in either Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland, remitted in Sterling.
Office Bearers & Committee
- Chairperson – Graham Seymour (Maine Rambling Club
- Hon. Secretary – George Acheson (Mourne Rambling Group)
- Hon. Treasurer – Alan McFarland (Plodders Walking Club)
- Claire Overend (Walking In Your Community)
- Derek Clements (Dungannon Rambling Club)
- Joe McKnight (Mourne Rambling Group)
- Magne Haugseng (Glens of Antrim Rambling Club)
- Raymond Gray (Kilbroney Ramblers)
- Victor Knox (Mourne Rambling Group)
- Duane Fitzsimons
UFRC & Walking In Your Community Joint Project
Following successful joint application to the Sport NI Active Clubs Fund with Walking In Your Community the two organisations received funding of £200.000 for the next 4 years. The funding will help to continue the valuable work of the existing Walking in Your Community Scheme and help to develop Rambling Clubs across NI. Read more about the Joint URFC & Walking In Your Community Project here.